Wednesday 28 September 2011

KST 8AM tomorrow

As far as I can tell I'm not having trouble sleeping.

In spite of this, my forehead has me convinced that there is a tiny invisible person standing on the bridge of my glasses, repeatedly kicking me between the eyes.

Everything is coming together finally, which is great considering I'm expected to be in a classroom teaching in about, oh, twelve days. Eleven, really, since I'm moving so far away that I will be thirteen hours in the future. All I can do right now is check in regularly with the Korean Consulate while they put my visa together, and once I have it, my flight gets booked and I'm off. Sometime between the 4th and the 10th. ...holy shit.

This is the first day in ages I haven't had to run off someplace or meet up with people. Don't get me wrong, I love you to bits, but I know you know exactly what I'm talking about. Being very busy, going everywhere at once, to-do lists keeping you awake, followed by sleep that ends far before your alarm goes off... You get it.
Plus it's been nice just having a quiet day, giving my parents a Skype lesson, watching a movie, having an epic tug-of-war with the dog... Gotta take advantage while I can, right?

I would like to add that it has been 4 hours since I started this note and the tiny man has since relocated to my ear or thereabouts, thus enabling him to headbutt me in the temple. It's only just now occurred to me that I could take a painkiller and end him.

...I really hope I get more entertaining once I'm in Korea. At least I'll have photos to distract you with.

No comments:

Post a Comment