Saturday 25 February 2012

Dec 30, 2011 & Jan 12, 2012

The secret to calming down a rowdy class has at last been revealed to me!
Don’t yell, don’t glare, don’t stare silently and wait for quiet, or lose your shit on them.
Cry.
Just walk out of the room and cry.
The shock of learning that the silly foreign teacher is a human being sends them into a stunned silence that could rival a fucking graveyard.
On the downside, you feel rather stupid afterwards for making a weepy ass of yourself, and next week’s class should prove to be rather interesting… but, hey, they did their work, and I think some of them actually felt kinda bad about it since they were super-nice to me for the rest of class.
Still. I used to enjoy Fridays. Of course Saturday also used to be a day off.

Jan 12, 2012
I made a random friend tonight. It was kind of awesome and unexpected.
[edit: found out later that she wanted me to become a Jehovah’s Witness. But she introduced me to ddak galbi which is amaaaazing!]

No comments:

Post a Comment